Borrowing, Renewal, Recalls, Bills & Fines at Cook Music Library
- Borrowing Privileges for Cook Music Library materials
- Bills and Fines
- Recall an Item from Cook Music Library
- Renewing Materials from Cook Music Library
Several IUB Libraries offer graduate students study carrels within the library for their study and research. Graduate students may request a carrel assignment at one of the following libraries:
- Cook Music Library: Graduate students of the Jacobs School of Music may request a carrel assignment in the Cook Music Library for the semester. Music Library materials can be checked out to the carrel, although all items are subject to recall. Continuing students may request a carrel renewal. See Music Library Carrel Guidelines for more information. Apply online
- Herman B Wells Library: Apply online
- Fine Arts Library: Graduate students in the School of Fine Arts may request a carrel assignment in the Fine Arts Library (FAL) for the academic year. FAL materials can be checked out to the carrel for the school year, although all items are subject to recall after a two-week period. Continuing students may request a carrel renewal in April. Applications for carrels are available at the Fine Arts Library circulation desk. If you have any questions regarding FAL carrel applications or usage, please feel free to contact the Fine Arts Library directly at 855-3314 or email@example.com. See Fine Arts Library Carrel Instructions and Policies for more information.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
The IUB Libraries will try to get materials from other libraries for you if we do not own what you are looking for. Any current faculty, staff, or student may use our free ILL service.
Use the ILL service for articles not owned on the Bloomington campus and for books not owned by any IU library.
To use this service, submit a request giving us as much information as you can. First time users will be asked for some registration information.
To have books owned by an IU library delivered to a campus library near you, use Request Delivery. To have articles owned only in print on the Bloomington campus delivered to you, use Request Article Delivery.
See Document Delivery Services for more information.
Lending to Other Libraries - Information for other libraries and unaffiliated users who want to borrow something from IUB.
Recommend A Purchase for the Music Library
IU faculty, staff, and students may suggest items to be acquired for the collection. If you would like to suggest we order an item, please fill out the form linked below.
Ask A Librarian
Sorry. Online chat is unavailable at this moment.
Please visit Ask A Librarian for other ways to contact us.