This page serves as a way for the Library to receive feedback from you about proposed new products. Budgetary restrictions make it impossible for us to acquire all of the electronic resources that we try out so your input is helpful in determining our priorities.
Trials are listed chronologically by expiration date.
Last updated July 18, 2014
- The Guardian (1821-2003) and The Observer (1791-2003)
Trial end date: 8/17/2014
These historical newspapers provide genealogists, researchers and scholars with online,
easily-searchable first-hand accounts and unparalleled coverage of the politics, society and events of the time.
Feedback should be directed to Celestina Savonius-Wroth (firstname.lastname@example.org)
by August 17, 2014.
Trial Period: 7/15/2014-4/15/2015
Preferred browsers: Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
Browser not recommended: Internet Explorer
Top designers, retailers, brands, vendors, and universities use WindowsWear PRO http://pro.windowswear.com for competitive research, inspiration, and trends on the world's fashion visual displays and marketing strategies. WindowsWear PRO covers the windows of the world's fashion capitals including New York City, Paris, Milan, London, Barcelona, L.A., Hong Kong, and more, and has subscribers from around the world. Glamour says it's "the Google Earth of store windows" and WWD says it "allows merchandisers to keep tabs on global fashion trends in real time".
Feedback should be directed to Kristina Keogh (email@example.com) by /April 15, 2015
Human Resource Management Online
Trial end date: August 12, 2014
Human Resource Management Online is an educational database that brings together for the first time online a mix of the top applied content for HR academic programs.
Feedback should be directed to Christina Sheley (firstname.lastname@example.org) by August 12, 2014
Trial Period: 3/11/2014 - 8/30/2014
The GeoRef database, established by the American Geosciences Institute in 1966, provides access to the geoscience literature of the world. The database contains over 3.5 million references to geoscience journal articles, books, maps, conference papers, reports and theses.
Feedback should be directed to Jian Liu (email@example.com) by Aug. 30,2014
Trial Period: 4/9/2014 - 7/31/2014
Papers is a reference manager application that can be used to collect and organize research materials in a variety of formats include email. This trial provides free access to use Papers for Mac and Papers for Windows on up to three computers at the same time.
- Instructions on how to join this trial should automatically show up if you are within the institute’s network (or access it via a VPN connection).
- If you do not see instructions, enter the site license key PX-IHUT-UPAT-ITAF-URER in the 'Activate Papers’/‘Enter serial number' sections that you find under the Help/Activate menu options on Papers for Windows and Papers for Mac respectively, and follow the instructions.
- You will see your individual license key (eg. P3-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx) at the end of the activation procedure. You will also receive your license key in an email, and it is shown in 'About Papers'.
- Papers is automatically activated on the computer that you use to sign up on the trial. If you wish to use Papers on other computers (you can activate it on three computers at the same time — indifferent if it is Mac or PC) you can do so by using your individual license key.
How to get started
1. Download Papers: http://papersapp.com/download
2. Activate Papers:
3. Please send feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Want more information about Papers?
In case you would like more information about Papers visit:
In case you have any questions feel free to contact the Papers support team. This is possible within Papers itself through the Help menu or visit our support website. For some useful videos with explanations we recommend www.youtube.com/papersgenius.
Biblioboard Library is a digital collection that explores books, images, articles, audio and video throughout history. The collection is varied and includes everything from Ancient Egypt to 90's Punk Rock. Current partners include the British Library, Louisiana State Museum and Wake Forest University. In addition to the desktop, it is available for the iPad, Android, Nexus, Galaxy, Nook and Kindle Fire.
NOTE: The "Library" field should be left at the default "none".
Please direct any feedback to Chanitra Bishop.